Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 20:49:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-bugs@FreeBSD.org, kris@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/13808: linux-rvplayer port improved a'la netscape port

Doug once stated:

=root@aldan.algebra.com wrote:
=
=>         The simple changes below allows  to spare the user this work,
=>         as inspired by the Netscape  port -- the bin/rvplayer is made
=>         to be a shell wrapper around lib/rvplayer5.0/rvplayer.bin.
=
= I use the linux rvplayer, and I  like this idea a lot. Also, I've been
=meaning to point out that using -Current  I don't have to use the linux
=netscape to  use the  linux rvplayer.  I use  the freebsd  netscape and
=regularly use rvplayer to listen to real  audio over the net. I have no
=idea whether the linux netscape is  necessary in -Stable, and I have no
=way to test it.

The standalone program ``rvplayer'' can  be invoked by ANY program, such
as ANY netscape  and will work. The Linux  shared library librvplayer.so
however can (currently) only be loaded  into a Linux executable, such as
Linux netscape.

	-mi

P.S. Is  there any work in  progress to enable mixing  Linux and FreeBSD
binaries in one process?