Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 14:34:12 -0400
From:      Marcia Barrett Nice <mimerki@saintmail.net>
To:        kevinb <kevinb@unagi.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD web sites

kevinb wrote:

> Anyone know any really good geeky sites for myself (new to BSD).
>
> Cheers
>
> KevB

Define geeky in this context.

I'm a big fan of greasydaemon.com, mostly because it links to most of
the major BSD sites.  I'm also a big fan of daemonnews.com, which is
among the major BSD sites Greasy Daemon links / sorts.  FreeBSDDiary.org
is a good place for newbies (or at least I think so, it's been awfully
helpful to me).  I think the other BSDs have similar sites, though I
haven't done much exploring in that arena.

Depending on your areas of interest, you may also want to look at some
of the Linux sites for things that apply to the BSDs.  Similarly, if
you're using X, you might want to watch xfree86.org, and/or your window
manager (kde.org, gnome.org).  I periodically browse securityinfo.org
and theregister.co.uk.

And I have just identified that I am apparently more of a geek than I
necessarily want to admit to, so I think I'll stop now.  (BTW, I love
your domain name...)

Hope that helps,
Marci