Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 16:29:39 +0000
From:      duchenok@zoom1.telepath.com
To:        support@cdrom.com

I am trying to install FreeBSD from a CD that I ordered from you. I
am using a Pentium-100 w/ 32Mb RAM, IDE hard drive, and a NEC ATAPI
CDROM. I am also running MS-DOS 6.2.

The problem is every time I try to in stallfrom the CDROM (via the
bootdisk) I run into this error in the novice setup. It reads:

Couldn't extract the following distributions. This may
be because they were not available on the installation
media you've chosen:

bin doc manpages profiles dict info

I've also tried installation by copying the packages onto the dos
partition. After finishing setup of the slice/partitions ans seting
up emergency console, the harddrive light to the hard drive that my
FreeBSD slice is suppose to be on just stays lit. The hard drive that
the FreeBSD packages are on is never used.

Is this a problem with hardware? Or is this something else?

Kuan Chen