Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:48:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        buaas@wireless.net
Subject:   isa.c DMA mods -> ring buffer problems. (Was: Audiotrix problems)

Hi Gang:

As a followup to Luigi's suggested regression of isa.c (from 1.113 to
1.112) in order to fix the Audiotrix problem....

Tonite I 100% fixed a opti931 card under snap980804..

I applied my patch (posted here a few days ago)..

After that, we still had a strange audio looping problem.. Repeated
received audio every 10 seconds..

Then applied Luigi's suggested "patch" of removing the two DMA lines added
between isa.c version 1.112 and 1.113. That fixed it right up..

I'd like to make a STRONG case that the diff between 1.112 and 1.113 be
backed out and that the original author find a better fix for the floppy
DMA (at least one that doesn't break sound).

Comments?    Personaly I do not like to have a
growing pile of "diffs" that need to be applied to the snap sound drivers
for sound to work..   The commit power at be, please comment/help!

Thanks.

Bernie