Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 09:53:54 +0600
From:      Konstantin Chuguev <joy@urc.ac.ru>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tunnel Software

Julian Elischer wrote:

> there are so many options it's hard to remember everything.
> starting with ssh and SKIP and PPTP and going through to
> do-it-yourself programs using /dev/tun.

I have one exactly done-by-myself stuff using /dev/tun. One small daemon
per one
tunnel device. Supports very simple scrambling (just XORing with a key)
when used on both sides of tunnel. Works by me with CISCO and Linux on
the other side,
through ethernet LAN and SLIP links.
If anybody wants it (at least to have a starting point for further
developing)
please write me. I then have to move 2 files from my personal
libcext[ensions]
library to the ipipd itself, and to write a brief README.

--
	Konstantin V. Chuguev.		System administrator of Southern
	http://www.urc.ac.ru/~joy/	Ural Regional Center of FREEnet,