Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Dominic Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Known MMAP() race conditions ... ?

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 09:07:24AM -0700, Doug wrote:
> > 	I can give you a list of things from my experience (not a
> > webmaster.com employee). Threads, SMP, NFS, and purify. I can't think of
> > anything NT does better than any unix though. :)
>
> Run Microsoft products?

	Ok, I should have said, "anything _worthwhile_ ..." But seriously
folks, the smiley at the end meant that was a joke. If someone is holding
a gun to your head making you run some kind of windows app (and some of
the stuff in our office is windows) then NT is the way to do it. If I were
the one making the decisions I'd choose just about anything other than NT,
but I don't get paid to make (the big) decisions, I get paid to implement
them.

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter