Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:47:00 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Stephen D. Spencer" <bsd-alpha@boneyard.lawrence.ks.us>
To:        Fenrir <fenrir@where.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha/33841: ifconfig causes unaligned accesses on Alpha

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Fenrir wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Does anyone know if anyone is working on this, and if/when it will be fixed?
>
> <whine> It's breaking my snmpd </whine>
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob

Rob,

Set the sysctl variable, machdep.unaligned_print to 1 to get these messages
to stop popping up.

Perhaps it would be time to suggest that this variable default to the off
state, at least until after the release.  This was reported several weeks ago,
and I mentioned it last week.  I've been looking into it, but this is the
first time I've actually tried going after one of these puppies.  I think this
cropped up around the time some additional ifconfig functionality was MFC'd
for use with wireless NICs.

Regards,
Stephen

--