Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 1995 10:57:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alex R.N. Wetmore" <aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: More serial console stuff...

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-hackers: 20-Jan-95 Re: More
serial console stu.. by Terry Lambert@cs.weber.e
> How can the SCSI disk be accessed, unless it has installed its bios, in
> which case the IDE disk BIOS is not active?

Both BIOSs can be active (on my machine at least).  I have one IDE disk
and one SCSI disk hanging off of a 1542C.  I can access the SCSI disk and
IDE disk through straight BIOS calls (ie, no ASPI is active) at the same
time (and in fact need to do this to boot Windows NT, which has its boot
blocks on the SCSI disk).

Anyway, according to DOS the IDE is C:, the SCSI is D:, but both are BIOS
devices.

alex