Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:43:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      sebster@sebster.com (Sebastiaan van Erk)
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   vmware2 installation

Hi there,

I'm running vmware 2.0, latest port (cvsup-ed today) on FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE
SMP with 2 processors and I get the following messages in an info window
when I try to start up vmware:

         Cannot open vmware executable file.
    _    Possibly an installation error?
   (_)   Cannot open vmware executable file.
   | |   Possibly an installation error?
   | |   Cannot open vmware executable file.
   |_|   Possibly an installation error?
         Cannot open vmware executable file.
         Possibly an installation error?
         Module 10 initialization succeeded.

After that I can do the whole configuration bit, but when I press Power On
I get the following error message:
   ___
  / _ \  Could not open /usr/local/lib/vmware/vmm
 |  \| | (No such file or directory)
 | |\  | ----------------------------------------
  \___/                    OK

Sorry for the lousy ASCII-art :-), but I think the messages are clear.
Anybody know what causes these problems and how to fix them? I did a simple
make install of the vmware2 port. I have the following modules loaded:

# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    6 0xc0100000 25b3c8   kernel
 2    1 0xc0e0f000 10000    linux.ko
 3    1 0xc0e33000 2000     green_saver.ko
 4    1 0xc1142000 5000     linprocfs.ko
 5    1 0xc131a000 9000     vmmon_smp.ko
 6    1 0xc1325000 3000     vmnet.ko

Greetings,