Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:23:08 +0200
From:      "M.Hirsch" <M.Hirsch@hirsch.it>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   [OT] Thanks

Just wanted to say thank you for clearing up my confusion about ECC.

And also, I want to excuse for being a bit harsh in some posts.
(I am a rather cynic person, this helps me against not going crazy over
all this stuff.)
Last night, after hours of working on the very same problem without any
success at all, I was at the end of my powers.
Sorry, I'll try to keep back from posting in such situations in the future.

So it seems like I can not track down ram problems in software.
Thanks very much, besides my lack of understanding ECC, I wasn't aware
of that either.
Lesson learned.

Since everything worked fine before, I guess something must have broke
when I took the machine out of the shelf.
But I have decided now to go the easy way out and retire the hardware.
This old box isn't worth wasting more time on...

M.