Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:08:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
To:        Robert Augustine <raugustine@reflectively.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Random Reboots

Check your powersupply.

If it is  250 Watt throw it out and get at least a 300 Watt. We import
and export computer cases by container and sell a lot of separate 300
Watt PSU's to customers for ATHLON users. 250 Watt is just not enough for
this cpu.

The Amd website www1.amd.com/athlon/power has a list of recommended power
supplies.

If you also run Windows on this machine you could check the FIC website
and if it has a VIA chipset the VIA website
(www.viatech.com/drivers/index.htm)  for new drivers.

Is the cooling OK? May-be inserting an extra wait state for the memory in
your BIOS might help

Janko