Date:      Sun, 08 Jan 1995 20:56:17 -0600
From:      tweldon@mindspring.com (Tom Weldon)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com

Does FreeBSD support EIDE with 32 heads? I have tried to change the Geometry
in the fdisk during installation, but it says that it cannot change to 32
heads in the partition table. My BIOS is set to 32 heads, 63 sectors, 682
cylinders, but the wd0 driver detects 16 heads, 63, sectors, 1365 cylinders.
Will I have to change my BIOS settings? I didn't see anything in the FAQ's
concerning this, although FAQ.1 does say that EIDE is supported.
Tom Weldon
Atlanta, GA
tweldon@mindspring.com