Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:04:19 -0700
From:      Devin Butterfield <dbutter@wireless.net>
To:        dreamwvr <dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Real Time FreeBSD ??

dreamwvr wrote:

> hi ,
>    you might want to chec kfor a thread on OBSD to do with a donation
> for RT//

Yes, this is very interesting. I had found this recently too, but I'm a
little surprised that is seems like they're (the OpenBSD folks) not
saying much about it and searching the OpenBSD archives yields only
people asking about it...but no one seems to know. For those who aren't
aware, RTMX (www.rtmx.com) had developed realtime extensions to OpenBSD
for use in their realtime OS, and recently they apparently donated the
code to the OpenBSD project.

This seems like the most promising way to get realtime extensions into
FreeBSD, but we would need to get our hands on the code first! Maybe we
should find out if the OpenBSD guys would be willing to give us access
to this code??
--
Regards, Devin.