Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 01:39:42 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Langa Kentane" <evablunted@earthling.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD" <Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Log file explanation

>I have this message that keeps recurring in my /var/log/messages file.
>The line follows:
>
>May  9 17:32:29 ewok routed[88]: ed1 (192.168.1.3/24) is duplicated by ed1
>(192.168.1.2/24)
>
>What exactly does this mean. The IP Adresss reflected there is my alias
>address of ed1

   Probably means that you specified the alias wrong. Make sure that you
specify an all-ones netmask for it.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.