Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 19:18:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sascha Blank <blank@sliphost37.uni-trier.de>
To:        proot@horton.iaces.com (Paul T. Root)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice (Linux) and Motif (or Lesstif)

Hello Paul,

> 	I'm using the static linked Motif version, but would rather use
> dynamic (obviously). So the questions are:
>
> 	1) Would I need Linux Motif dynamic libraries or could I use
> 	   FreeBSD ones?

No, a Linux application cannot make use of the FreeBSD libraries, so you
must have the Linux version of the Motif libraries.

> 	2) Would Lesstif libraries be sufficient, and if so, same question
> 	   Linux or FreeBSD?

No, Lesstif is currently still in its development stage and has yet not
reached the stability to be a sufficiant replacement for the original
Motif libraries. Furthermore, my first answers applies here as well.

--
             Sascha Blank - mailto:blank@fox.uni-trier.de
  Student and System Administrator at the University of Trier, Germany