Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 1995 11:12:06 -0500
From:      "Paul F. Werkowski" <pw@snoopy.MV.COM>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NEC 4xi CDROM - what now?

    Paul> 	I hacked on the ahb_poll() code in aha1742.c a bit and
    Paul> managed to get the driver behave a bit better resulting in
    Paul> being able to successfully reprobe the cdrom. I even got the
    Paul> sucker mounted and looked at a few directories so I guess
    Paul> the hardware works.  Still don't know why it doesn't get
    Paul> found on boot probe - maybe I will experiment with yet

	The problem seems to start with the aha1742 driver finding
	an unexpected ecb ha_status code of 0x13 on the initial
	"test unit ready" SCSI message to this drive, resulting in
	XS_DRIVER_STUFFUP error returned. Subsequent pings on the
	drive result in XS_BUSY.

	Could someone with hardware documentation for this card please
	let me know what ha_status 0x13 means?

	Thanks
	Paul