Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:01:03 -0800
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.3-BETA #0: mergemaster problems

joe> After doing a `${MAKE} install' in periodic, the next place where
joe> `distribution' is made is in sendmail.  However, a line from my
joe> /usr/sup/refuse script is

joe> *sendmail*

joe> meaning, that I never want sendmail to deposit anything on my system.  I
joe> also have

joe> NO_SENDMAIL=true

joe> in /etc/make.conf.  I believe that the distribution should check for
joe> NO_SENDMAIL and not run the sendmail command:

joe> .if !defined(NO_SENDMAIL)
joe> (cd ${DESTDIR}/sendmail; ${MAKE} distribution );
joe> .endif

That's exactly what it does.  Check:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/Makefile?rev=RELENG_4