Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:31:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeff Wyman <wysoft@wysoft.tzo.com>
To:        Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
Cc:        Robert Augustine <raugustine@reflectively.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Random Reboots

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Janko van Roosmalen wrote:

> Check your powersupply.
>
> If it is  250 Watt throw it out and get at least a 300 Watt. We import
> and export computer cases by container and sell a lot of separate 300
> Watt PSU's to customers for ATHLON users. 250 Watt is just not enough for
> this cpu.

If this is an FIC SD-11 board, it should be known that this board is a
very picky one when it comes to voltages - FIC released this board in a
hurry when it was still a prototype, leaving many things in error on this
board. One thing was the voltage regulators. There are very few on this
board compared to other Athlon boards  (including other FIC models) and
this can make for rather dirty voltages being supplied to your CPU when
combined with a culprit PS.

However, 2 days is kind of a long time for these problems to
arise. There's just too much crap that happens these days to rule it out
though.