Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 14:41:22 -0300 (EST)
From:      Rodolfo Heitor Gevaerd de Faria <rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS problems

      I've got a problem with the mountd hanging my machine.

      I export some directory to another machine in my network and
      it mounts ok but when I access the directory (ls /export) my
      FreeBSD machine (who is doing the export) just reboots.

      I have an 2.2SNAP-960501 in a Pentium 100 (ALI-chipset) machine.
      I just export a directory to a Sparc 5 machine with Solaris 2.5.

      I then change the exports file to mount on another machine
      (an OS/2 Warp) and the mount seems to work normally.

      What I would like to know if this there really was a problem in the NFS
      code in the 960501-SNAP, and if I upgrade to a newer SNAP the problem
      will be solved..?

      Thanks for any help.

	Rodolfo H G Faria
       <rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br>