Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 09:13:24 -0400
From:      Jim Carroll <jim@carroll.com>
To:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Oracle on FreeBSD

I have a follow-up question to the question below (Sorry Peter, I can't
answer your question).

Assuming Oracle actually works on FreeBSD, does anyone know what the
licensing options are?  Too often running demoware under BSD can be
difficult to determine how to license correctly after the demo period has
expired.  Before we look at using a product like Oracle in a mission
critical app, we need to know what the end licensing restrictions and
deployment options are.

Jim C.

--On Friday, May 25, 2001 21:08:36 +0800 Peter Smith
<petermarksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We want to run Oracle for Linux 8.1.7
> on FreeBSD 4.3 or 4.4 using the emulation
> capability.  Has anyone any positive news on
> this particular combination?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Smith

---
Jim C.           |  C A R R O L L - Net, Inc.
201-488-1332     |
www.carroll.com  |  Application Service Provider