Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:14:52 -0500
From:      "Robert Herrold" <bobber@intense.net>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PAM

On a recent upgrade to 4.6, somehow PAM intervened and messed up some
authentications (I believe). Radius works fine, Telnet SRA works fine, FTPD
works fine, but pop3 is having some authentication issues (with about 10% of
my database). If I telnet in, and re-enter that users password all is fine.
When I use pwd_mkdb (from my accounting script) it is not. Is there a
compatibility issue between pwd_mkdb and PAM, or am I missing an entry in
the pam.conf?

Thanks!

Bob