Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 23:33:22 +0100
From:      Jan A Knepper <Jan@jak.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-ISP@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UUCP over ISDN Terminal Adapter.

Hi,

Here a question may been seen 1E6 times already...

We have a FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE running for our e-mail exchange.
Formally we exchanged via dial up and UUCP at 28K8 or may be even 36K6
with normal modem at COM3.
However we changed to a ISDN terminal adapter as COM2. With this we can
drive the speed up to 56K6 and even 115K2 does not seem to be a problem.

*** EXCEPT ***
When the system starts to duplex. In other words *sending* and
*receiving* at the same time we get in the "Log"
1. ERROR: Got hangup signal [or]
2. ERROR: Timed out in chat script [or]
3. ERROR: Timed out while waiting for packet

We get 1 most of the time, 3 almost as much and 2 sometimes.

The only thing that sometimes seems to resolve the problem is change the
port speed to 19K2 or even 9600 and try again. When there is no
duplexing there does not seem to be a problem.

Any ideas?
Someone familiar with the problem?

Have fun!
Jan