Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:14:52 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chris <snagit@cbpratt.prohosting.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Handbook Question

Chris wrote:
> In the 21.4.1 section of the handbook it gives:
>
> # make buildworld
> # make buildkernel
> # make installkernel
> # reboot
>
> should this read?
>
> # make buildworld
> # make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNELCONF
> # make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNELCONF
> # reboot
>
> Thank you
> Chris Pratt

Hello Chris,

No this does not imply that, however we can make it
optional since you can pass the arguments.  In a default
installation make buildkernel implies make buildkernel
KERNCONF=GENERIC (or the one that is set in /etc/make.conf)

I will try to look into this (but with current open issues
it might take a little, feel free to poke me anytime)

Cheers,
remko

--
Kind regards,