Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 1995 09:51:35 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Holland <ianh@tenmail.mincom.oz.au>
To:        bmoffatt@byron.apana.org.au (Bruce Moffatt)
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Driving Canon bj10e

As Bruce Moffatt enscribed:

> Problem:
> I am running freebsd 1.1 on a 486-33. I have a Canon bj10e on lpt0, which
> is giving good output (now that I have switched dip switch 6 to add auto
> CR to LF), but the printer runs so slowly its not a workable solution.

  <snip>

> I will be upgrading to FreeBSD 2.? as soon as I am comfortable I can tame
> the beast (hopefully 2.1 will install easier than 2.0)
> Any help on printer problem gratefully accepted. :)

I used to have this same setup (except it was a 386-33), and know what
you mean.  The solution I found (and you probably aren't going to like
this) was to upgrade to 1.1.5 - even the ghostscript output appeared
to scream on through.

So, I guess, if you can hold on until you go to 2.0, you won't
have the problem any longer.

--
Ian Holland
Mincom Pty Ltd