Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 1995 18:29:36 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        "Alex R.N. Wetmore" <aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NEC 4xi CDROM - what now?

> BTW, as a related NEC thing, does anyone out there have a NEC CDR-200 or
> NEC CDR-210 (I think the first is also called the 2Vi, the second is
> the OEM model) that works with audio cd player commands?  As far as I
> can tell NEC doesn't use the SCSI-2 spec for audio cd player commands,
> because the only O/S that can play audio CDs with this drive for me is
> MSDOS/Windows using the Adaptec ASPI stuff.  Windows NT, NetBSD, and
> FreeBSD all barf on it.

I have a nec210, and I have the same hassle as you. EZ-SCSI from adaptec
will play music with no problem; so will windoze (if I remember correctly).

I get all sorts of barf if I try it with FreeBSD-current.
I have a bug report in for this...

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200