Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 16:58:59 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New 3D software available

Just talk to Roger or Randall about the Bt848 driver because  I am sure
that both can help you.

You are right that proper yuv handling in the Bt848 driver
is important and I feel very comfortable that we can tackle the problem.

What I am after is for  the X server  to do the yuv->rgb and
scaling in hardware. The idea is to conserve as much as possible
memory bandwith and in a full multitasking environment such as
FreeBD to provide smooth video playback .

	Tnks!

--

 Amancio Hasty
 hasty@rah.star-gate.com