Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2021 03:34:41 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-git@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Read-only SVN mirror for ports: how large would it be?

--D81inkI06war4UfO

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 03:46:13PM +0700, Alexey Dokuchaev via freebsd-git =
wrote:
> Hi there,
>=20
> I'm thinking about creating local SVN read-only mirror for ports, to make
> it easier to keep uncommitted local changes.  I'm currently rsync'ing Git
> clone to /usr/ports, but that makes local changes even harder to maintain.
>=20
> I'm a bit afraid that I might not have enough disk space.  How big is the
> SVN repo after "git svn dcommit" to svn-remote and how long it might take,
> if we speak of local mirror and an average ~2018 laptop and 5400 rpm HDD?

This does not answer the question you asked, but it may at least
approximate such an answer.

I had not yet got around to reclaiming the space for my private local
mirror of the ports svn repo, which I had been updating nightly; a qick
check shows it to be:

g1-55(12.2-S)[4] du -hs svn/freebsd//ports
4.5G    svn/freebsd//ports

Peace,
david
--=20
David H. Wolfskill                              david@catwhisker.org
The same folks who champion the "rights" of corporations to influence
elections by money (as an exercise of free speech) are now also decrying
corporations' speaking out against voter suppression laws...?  Right.

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.

--D81inkI06war4UfO

--D81inkI06war4UfO--