Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:24:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Einar Orn Eidsson <eoe@xnet.is>
To:        Thordur Ivarsson <totii@est.is>
Cc:        freebsd-isp <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Modems or network cards for antenna cabling

Hi Thordur,
This is an intesting subject, as you might know antenna coax cables
have a impedence of 75ohms, and computer coax cables are 50ohms (as
well as the terminators on both ends).  I know of people that have tried
it, and it didn't work.  But maybe you could attach some sort of
(de)amplifier at the ends, before it is connected to the NIC?

In any case, my opinion is that this would not be a desirable solution
when it comes to reliability.

Thordur, you might want to check out some of the wireless NICs that are
sold here, I'm not quite sure of the range, the bandwidth is 2Mbit/s, but
they are available at Computer2000.