Date:      Tue, 03 Dec 1996 14:00:20 -0800
From:      Robert Clark <ROBERTC@PII.COM>
To:        steve@edmweb.com, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:    Steve,

** Low Priority **

Steve,
	I'm planning to do a similar thing, for my hamshack at home, but I
wouldn't consider it for use in a business.
	Something about modifying UL equipment goes against the grain.
(Here)

	But then again, I've put together a few of the APC XL packs, and they
are just a bunch of sealed batteries. (Each the size of a small car battery.)

										[RC]

>>> Steve Reid <steve@edmweb.com> 12/03/96 01:34pm >>>
I remember hearing somewhere that it's possible to connect deep-cycle
marine batteries to a UPS, and power a small network for hours.. Has
anyone attempted this? Any difficulties?