Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 1995 11:49:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      alex wetmore <alex@phred.org>
To:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray)
Cc:        aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NEC 4xi CDROM - what now?

> I have a nec210, and I have the same hassle as you. EZ-SCSI from adaptec
> will play music with no problem; so will windoze (if I remember correctly).
>
> I get all sorts of barf if I try it with FreeBSD-current.
> I have a bug report in for this...

The worst part about it is that NEC just pretends that the cdr210 doesn't
exist (since it is a OEM model), so I can't get the commands for audio
cd usage on the drive.  I'm not 100% sure that the cdr200 is the same
drive (or that a cdr200 even really exists), but my next trick was going
to be asking for the commands for it.

alex