Date:      11 Aug 2002 16:26:26 +0200
From:      Allan Andersen <swoop@tjohoo.se>
To:        FreeBSD Newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   samba

Hi there,

I've a FreeBSD box with samba runnig. I try to mount the samba share
from my Debian Linux desktop, but all the time I get something like:

6652: session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password -
name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)
SMB connection failed

I don't get it. I've done a smbpasswd <user>. I try to mount with one of
following:

#smbmount //192.168.0.81/dir dir/
#mount.smbfs //192.168.0.81/dir dir/

I get the same result every time. I've figured out it is something wrong
with the password/user - but what?

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

Best regards
Allan Andersen