Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:51:11 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        dg@Root.COM, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>, jdw@wwwi.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IP bugs in FreeBSD 2.1.5

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> I think that it will be wise to release 2.2 soon. It is getting uncomfortable
> for both users or ISPs and developers.

Soon? If something even remotedly stable is to be released, then IMHO a
new branch should be created soon and 2.2.0-prerelease-stable put up for
testing for say ~1.5 - 2 months? If people can say yeah, it's stable, it
has been out for quite some time then we can make the release and be
comfort - most people will see long uptimes and the image of FreeBSD as a
stable OS will remain.

	Sander