Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2013 21:46:26 -0700
From:      Benjamin Perrault <ben.perrault@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org" <freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Routerboard RB800

Yes. PowerPC. MPC8544 based.

On Sep 20, 2013, at 9:45 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> It's a PPC, right?
>=20
> -a
>=20
> On 20 September 2013 16:40, Benjamin Perrault <ben.perrault@gmail.com> =
wrote:
> To the freebsd embedded team,
>=20
> I have at least 1 - probably 2  RB800s available to contribute to get =
it supported by FreeBSD if someone is SERIOUS about putting in the =
effort. I noticed it's on the embedded want list on the wiki - so that's =
a start - and it's a nice platform that  could use from a proper OS ( =
not awful proprietary RouterOS or a linux flavor ). While netbsd has =
support for it, it's not something I use regularly. Additionally, work/a =
port on this - it will probably work on the MikroTik RB1100 and RB1100ah =
( at least from looking at netbsd/linux code & mailing lists I've looked =
at ) and possibly a few more MPC8544 based boards - so there is =
additional merit beyond just this I think.
>=20
> While I would love to attempt this port myself - I fear I lack the =
apptitude ( and don't want to spew out some nasty hack ). So extending =
the offer of hardware is what I can contribute. The boards are located =
in San Francisco, but i can ship to most places without to much problem =
( though anyone local I'll treat to a few pints as well for the endeavor =
- pre, during and post ).
>=20
> So if anyone is SERIOUSLY interested in the FreeBSD development team ( =
I don't like to see hardware go to waste ) - please let me know / =
contact me. I would love to see proper BSD on this platform.