Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2013 07:44:05 -0400
From:      "David P. Caldwell" <david@code.davidpcaldwell.com>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox and HAL instructions from the handbook

The FreeBSD Handbook indicates at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/virtualization-guest.html
that a /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/90-vboxguest.fdi should be
created by copying it from
/usr/local/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/90-vboxguest.fdi. My
install scripts performed these steps when installing under 9.0 but
under 9.1-RELEASE the second file is missing.

I'm currently installing from binary packages.

1. Is this file still necessary?
2. Does its absence indicate anything went wrong with my install, or
was it removed from the guest additions by mistake, or ...?

-- David Caldwell
http://www.davidpcaldwell.com/