Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 1997 14:04:20 +1000 (EST)
From:      andrew@ugh.net.au
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bandwidth on demand

Hi,

What are peoples suggestions for bandwidth on demand...ie we are currently
on 128K ISDN....for very small portions of the day we need more
bandwidth...

We are STD (long distance) from all backbone providers so bandwidth is
even more expensive than usual Australian rates.

We currently have a Cisco 2503 (1 BRI, 2 Sync Serial) as our border
router.

The sort of alternatives I could think of were getting a terminal adapter,
connecting it to a sync serial on the cisco and getting the cisco to load
balance...but would that work without having to do something at the
providers end? How bout if the ISDN was dialled to someone else?

56K modem on proxy box and peer it with another provider?

Any other suggestions? Pros? Cons?

Thanks,

Andrew