Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 15:44:04 -0400
From:      Maury Markowitz <maury@OAAI.COM>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Apple's driver stuff?

  I guess this isn't _really_ an advocacy question, but it seems
like a good place to ask anyway.

  When I was at WWDC this year Apple was showing off it's new
pluggable networking stack.  Prettu impressive.  During the talk they
gave a longish intro into how they were writing the drivers and
such, via EmbeddedC++ etc.  However when I asked at the feedback
forum if this stuff would be making it's way into FreebSD they said
it would.

  Is this true?  Are the FreeBSD folks doing back ports of the
Kernel Extensions system and EC++?  Or were they referring to the
changes to the stack itself?  Is anyone reading this up on these
changes?

Maury