Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 20:04:29 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Edward W. Akeyson" <eakeyson@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Iopener & PicoBSD ramblings

In message <NDBBIDOKILFAGOJNPOELKEENCDAA.eakeyson@earthlink.net> "Edward W. Akeyson" writes:
: tight)- should I move in the direction of hand assembling my own image file
: without MFS, etc. as done in PicoBSD? If so, what should I be certain to
: include besides kernel, boot loaders, /etc and any /bin or /sbin files I
: need. Also, how can I test this image file before putting it on the iopener?
: I would prefer not to open the thing, unless I absolutely have to, and I
: want to make sure that the image will boot. I can upgrade from there.

I've squeezed a useful embedded system into 12MB or so.

: 4. I have read all the mailing lists and other documentation that I can
: find, including the "HOWTO: flash disk image" or something like it from last
: summer in freebsd-small, but it based on an earlier version of PicoBSD and
: there seem to be some major differences to the current version (scripts vs.
: makefile, etc.). Anyone else currently working on an image for the iopener?
: I would like this to be a stepping-off point for me as I have several other
: potential projects like this if this works out. I would be happy to share
: notes with anyone else working on this or similar projects.

You might want to look at
	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/diskprep
to see how I make the initial filesystem on my CF devices.

BTW, do you have a new iopener, or an old, hackable one?

Warner