Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2007 17:34:43 -0700
From:      "Maksim Yevmenkin" <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        "mihai@duras.ro" <mihai@duras.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluesoleil bluetooth problems

On 8/2/07, mihai@duras.ro <mihai@duras.ro> wrote:
[...]
> I disabled USB 2.0 from Bios.
>
> I've recompiled the kernel without device ehci.
>
> I commented out the reset in /etc/rc.d/bluetooth
>
> I've read about the NetBSD ehci problems and from what I saw their patch
> was made after one that was already included in FreeBSD.
>
> I've even upgraded the world to the latest RELENG_6_2.
>
> Now I'm getting:
>
> ubt0: vendor 0x1131 ISSCBTA, rev 1.10/3.73, addr 2
> ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
> ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5) endpoints: isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3;
> wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6, buffer size=294
> ng_hci_process_command_timeout: ubt0hci - unable to complete HCI command
> OGF=0x4, OCF=0x9. Timeout
> ubt_request_complete2: ubt0 - Control request failed. TIMEOUT (15)
> ubt_request_complete2: ubt0 - Control request failed. TIMEOUT (15)
> ng_hci_process_command_timeout: ubt0hci - unable to complete HCI command
> OGF=0x4, OCF=0x5. Timeout
>
> The only notable difference I see between my current system and the VMWare
> one under which the dongle was working is that:
> - this system has:
>
> uhci0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0xd400-0xd41f irq 21 at device
> 16.0 on pci0
> usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0
>
> - the vmware one had emulated an Intel USB controller
>
> but on the other hand I tried the dongle yesterday on a system with:
> <Intel 82801EB (ICH5) USB controller > and the same problems appeared
>
> Is there anything else I might be missing... ?

could you please provide the output of

1) uname -a

2) usbdevs -dv

3) dmesg output - better if system was booted with -v

it would be nice if you can provide the outputs for both cases, i.e.
when freebsd runs inside vmware and on real hardware.

just from the look of it - its not a bluetooth problem. for whatever
reason, the system can not communicate with your bluetooth dongle.

thanks,
max