Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:13:17 +0100 (CET)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@piro.net>
To:        Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
Cc:        Jan Sparud <jan@sparud.net>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sigh, I'm caught by the LCP loop bug...

Hi Hellmuth,

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> From the keyboard of Jan Sparud:
>
> Just some remarks:
>
>  - i have no idea when this occurs or what might be the cause.

It is intermitent, and from what I have seen (personaly and from
postings) most likely depends on the hardware on the provider's side.

>  - the ISDN parts of i4b seem to have nothing to do with this bug,
>    it seems to be a failure inside either i4b_isppp.c or if_spppsubr.c
>    or both.

...or maybe even deeper.  diffs against 0.71 show no changes that would
have anything to do with this.

> IMHO, what you are trying to do is the only way to solve this problem,
> as someone who is _able_ to reproduce the problem should become a PPP
> expert, understand why what is happening and then fix the problem in
> the best possible way.

I would like to fix this.  I use PPP and I can reproduce this.

   **** OPEN CALL! *****

If you can also reproduce this problem, and would like to help me have a
look at some code, get into contact with me <pherman@piro.net>

-Paul.

PIRONET AG
Paul Herman - Consultant - SBU Providing
Im Mediapark 5 - 50670 Cologne - Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)221 454 3832 - Fax: +49 (0)221 454 3810
mailto:pherman@piro.net - http://www.piro.net/