Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:09:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      N <niels@bakker.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: URGENT! HEADS UP: 3.3-RC SMP + APM -> FIX

Mitsuru IWASAKI wrote:

> If you have problems on 3.3-RC SMP system with APM enabled,
> please test the attached patch and give feedback to me ASAP.
>
> The problem I was reported is that a lot of userland programs get
> signal 11 and core dumped on startup.  It seems my bad MCF (8/24)
> breaks extra GDT entries for SMP.

I think I just spent an entire Friday evening wondering why with 3.3-RC
/bin/csh kept coring immediately upon startup when the system was in
multi-user mode, and inetd coring after having spawned telnetd once,
and other various ugly stuff...

I'd test your patch but I've just gotten home and I don't really feel like
having that server down for another few hours right now, so unfortunately
I won't be testing your patch.

	-- Niels.