Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:16:22 -0400
From:      "Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat@peak.org>
To:        "freebsd-newbies" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   So I've installed, now what?

I managed to d/l the ISO file, burn a CD (new CD burner ;-) and install
FreeBSD to dual boot on my Windows 2000 machine (a Dell Inspiron laptop
7500).

Yay!

So now I've got a relly nifty commandline prompt and about 1,000 different
things I'll need to do (configure X, sound?, Ethernet PC cards).

But where to start?  Is there a list somewhere of "What newbies ought to do
after they install" ?  (CVSUP?  What's that?  How do I get myself current
from the 4.3 ISO release?)

(Yes I know these are -questions but I thought they fall under "helping each
other to learn more on our own, finding and using resources.")

TjL