Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 2010 00:02:44 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: text editor

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 05:23:55PM +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:08:42 -0600 Chad Perrin wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 12:21:20PM +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> > > On Mon, 31 May 2010 14:32:04 -0600 Chad Perrin wrote:
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > > Have you ever tried "u" (undo command) followed by "." (repeat
> > > last command)? ;-)
>=20
> > . . . but how do you redo what you've undone?
>=20
> If I understand the question correctly then: it's just one more "u"
> (undo command) followed by "." (repeat last command)...

That's rather odd.  Okay, thanks.  That works beautifully.  I *really*
wish the help stuff for nvi was more helpful so I wouldn't have to learn
this stuff on the mailing list.  All this time, I thought all I could do
with u is one level each of undo and redo.

I suspect I've been mistrained by Vim's subtle incompatibilities with
traditional vi.  Thanks for setting me straight.  I'll give nvi a try as
my primary editor for a while, and see if I run into any other
show-stopping problems.

--=20

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk--