Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 1999 23:08:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reading a file inside the kernel.

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Mike Smith wrote:
> I guess it depends on how the device might be used; myself I would
> actually almost be inclined to write the probe/download code in
> BootForth so that the adapter could be used to netboot the system.

Thats certainly and idea but the set of people using token ring and the
set of people wishing to netboot from it are non-intersecting at this
point.  I'm not sure likely that is to change.

Any pointers on writing the probe/download code in Forth?  I'm assuming
I'll need to learn Forth first, but what are the entry points for drivers
in BootForth?

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |