Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:35:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Trenton Schulz <twschulz@gloria.cord.edu>
To:        Frank Volf <volf@oasis.IAEhv.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aureal Soundcard in Stable...

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Frank Volf wrote:

> Trenton Schulz wrote:
> > I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but using the Aureal drivers
> > from:
> > http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~matey/au88x0/
> > aren't working in -Stable for at least the last week or so.  The kernel I
> > built for 4.1.1-Release works just fine, but now all I get is a page fault
> > followed by a panic.  Have I missed something that recently changed or does
> > this driver just not work anymore?
>
> Try this patch. I'm not 100% sure about the exact FreeBSD_version where the
> api changed occured (it may need to be >= 410000), but this works for me
> with a -STABLE kernel.

Yes, this did the trick! The patch didn't apply cleanly at first at me, but
I'm positive it was my fault.  I think >41000 is a good guess because it
was working fine at 4.1.1 and the problem appeared shortly thereafter.
Anyway, the final result is that my machine is not crashing and I can listen to
things again.

Thanks a lot!

--
Trenton Schulz