Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 07:49:14 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing X on an already working machine

> using /stand/sysinstall from a running system I can happily install bin
> using the custom install option, and then choosing 'just remaining extract
> steps' but I cannot get it to install X, all that happens is the screen
> changes to blank blue briefly and then switches back to the menu.

Weird!  I heard a similar report from someone else, but when I tried
it, it just worked.  Perhaps I did something slightly different given
my inability to make all the same obvious choices that a normal user
would make at this point. :-)

> Is it ok to just untar the files from /, running presinatll.sh beforehand
> and postinstall.sh afterwards?

I think they go into /usr, actually, but yes you have the right idea.

RiscBSD, eh?  Does it run on the A540? :-)

					Jordan