Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:29:57 -0500
From:      John Amdor III <johnmxl@radiks.net>
To:        FreeBSD-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

This is pretty obvious, but having learned the hard way I'll pass it on
and maybe save someone some head-scratching...

Make sure the serial port that you connect your new external modem to is
running a 16550 UART...anything faster than abt 14.4k on a 16450 causes
problems.  Of course, if your MB is relatively new, that shouldn't be a
problem.  On the other hand, if you are like me and keeping older
hardware alive, it does become a concern.

John Amdor