Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 06:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jean-Luc Richier <Jean-Luc.Richier@imag.fr>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/22866: INET6 sockets which are INET compatible lose packets

The following reply was made to PR kern/22866; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jean-Luc Richier <Jean-Luc.Richier@imag.fr>
To: Mark Valentine <mark@thuvia.demon.co.uk>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 15:44:40 +0200 (MEST)

 In your mail dated Mon, 29 Apr 2002:

 FreeBSD-CURRENT now seems to have some similar code to that in the
 submitted patch applied.  Is there still a problem?

                 Cheers,
                 Mark.

 In your mail dated Mon, 20 Apr 2002:
 >I wrote:
 >> FreeBSD-CURRENT now seems to have some similar code to that in the
 >> submitted patch applied.  Is there still a problem?
 >
 >My apologies, I misread the code.  I don't think this issue has been
 >addressed.
 >
 >It may be more effective to take it up directly with the KAME folks.
 >
 >		Cheers,
 >		Mark.

 In fact, you are right. Mods done in netinet/ip_output.c and
 netinet6/ip6_output.c betwwen 4.5 and 4.6 on replacing cached routes
 solve most of the problem.

 There are still problems in the managment of socket wrt IPv4mapped addresses
 but the most annoying one (dirty route structures which cannot be corrected)
 is solved.
 As most of this suggested patch is mow irrelevant, I suggest that one should
 close this patch, and I shall submit new bugs reports with proposed patches
 for the problems I found on the new version.

 Sincerly

 --
 Jean-Luc RICHIER (Jean-Luc.Richier@Imag.Fr  richier@imag.fr)
 Laboratoire Logiciels, Systemes et Reseaux (LSR-IMAG)