Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 11:13:44 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Eddie Fry <eddie@wicked.eaznet.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wrong remote IP

Eddie Fry writes:

> I have a remote wireless bridge that had the wrong IP address put into
> it.  Is there a way I can telnet to it if I know the incorrect IP
> address?

Not without a machine on the same network that is configured to use the
same network address.  If you have a machine that has two networks cards
in it, you can configure one to the 'normal' network, and another to the
'bogus' network, and connect through it.

> I'd hate to drive out there and get it.  I tried: route add
> -host bad.ip.addr.here gateway.to.wireless.subnet but with no luck.

Nope, that won't work since the routers know that packets destined for
the wrong IP don't belong on their network.

Nate