Date:      Fri, 25 Dec 1998 12:30:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Subject:   Re: make world breakage on alpha

On 25-Dec-98 Brian Feldman wrote:
>> We have the latest full release version of binutils.  I don't know what
>> unreleased beta version of binutils the Linux folks have access to.
>
> At http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/GCC/ it seems the latest release is
> 2.9.1.0.19a.

No thanks.  I'm on their mailing list, and they come out with a flurry
of new releases every month or so.  A good many of them are to fix
last-minute botches in their earlier releases.  We're not going down
that path if I have anything to say about it.

John
---
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
                                                            -- H. L. Mencken