Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 18:02:47 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Way

> >> Uh, no...  Solaris uses Motif for installation, etc..  TCL and Tk are a
> >> product of SunLabs, yes, but they haven't seen fit to include either into
> >> Solaris (at least, not as of Solaris 2.5).
> >
> >Hmm, I thought, that many sysadmin tools were written in tk...
> >admintool, swmtool ... Am I so wrong ???
>
> no, you are right.

No, he was wrong.  I've got a Solaris 2.5 box sitting *right here*, and
all of the tool program are binaries and have *NO* TK strings in them.

Sun *does* support TCL in a very direct sense because they hired
Dr. Ousterhout and he has a staff of 3-4 folks working for him, but as
of Solaris 2.5 (the most recent release) there is *NO* trace of TK
anywhere on the system.

Nate